Sunday, January 24, 2010

A dream turning to reality…..

In the beginning of this year, I had mentioned that I wished to learn  new things with regards to my hobby, and yesterday I got a chance to accomplish this wish of mine.

Myself and Nima went for the Muscat Quilt Guild Meet for the first time.  It was an excellent experience.  We were introduce to the members of the guild and after doing our introductions, they started with the meet.  The Show and tell session left me awed…. and inspired,  and I was all set to learn this lovely craft of quilting.     Here are some pictures from Show and tell session….

DSCN0061  DSCN0063

DSCN0068

Aren’t  all those Quilts fabulous…..

The main attraction for us was the paper piecing technique, and Sylvie , one of the committee member was very kind to demonstrate  this technique  to us and we gathered all the knowledge we could, eager to try it on our own.

Previously I had tried to do some patchwork myself,  but this technique made the  work more simple and perfect.

Below are all the pictures of my trial and errors…..

These are the patches I did myself  with the help of  an online tutorial. Please help me  decide what I should make with these patches , I  am short of ideas.

DSCN0078 DSCN0081

The next comes my paper piecing  technique  which was a disaster the first time. The side patches at the top has disappeared when I added banding to it due to less seam.

DSCN0073 

But I was adamant that I would make it perfect, so I made another one…… and this was better than the first, but can be made more perfect at the border.

DSCN0074 DSCN0076

So… What do you think of it?  Please do send your lovely comments and suggestions to keep me motivated and inspired.

Last but not the least, there was a Flea market  too at the MQG meet, and with valentines day nearing , my attraction to RED cannot be blamed.  I picked up these two adorable fabrics, at the flea market.

DSCN0084 DSCN0085

I have not decided what I will make out of them, but at the moment I am thrilled  to have these.

I am doing some embroidery stuff  next, so will come with the post  as soon as I finish.  Till then its Bye from Preeta.

2 comments:

  1. wow...the paper peicing heart looks awesome....

    The patchwork looks nice...i think like you said...with a broad border it will be perfect as a place mat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow preetha, really impressed with your new hobby...........honest!! esp since i cannot hold a needle in my hand without poking myself :) great work yaar!! and heres hoping u get well very very soon and get back to ur hobby with a bang....
    love
    rupa

    ReplyDelete

Friends,
Your friendly comments and suggestions are my motivations. Please keep posting them, Thank you.