Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Zig Zig Table runner…….

With the summer vacations nearing  I am eagerly looking forward for our trip to India.  Getting ready for vacation means shopping, purchasing gifts, chocolates ………….  And now that I am actively sewing, I thought why not make some gifts with a personal touch.

And what better than a table runner.  After my hand quilting lessons, I wanted to try something on my own, but had decided I would use my sewing machine to make the patches.   And finally I made a table runner with zig-zag patches.  This design is by Sue Harvey. ( I am sorry I din’t save the website)

DSCN0168

It was much quicker than hand quilting,  though I dint do any quilting stitches on the runner, I have used batting to give it a little thickness.  My binding still need more practice and perfection but I was happy with the result. I also gained more confidence. 

A close look at my patches….

DSCN0172

It took a lot of time deciding with fabric to use, and still  I feel the combo could have been better, but then I am still learning.

One more closer look at my runner……

DSCN0170

 

Friends, please do give your sincere and lovely comments, for which I eagerly wait.   Thank you, to all those who have send in their comments for my previous posts,  It  has always motivated me to do more.

2 comments:

  1. wow...that is looking gorgeous Preeta...perfect patches....i love the fabric combo...beautiful finishing

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely runner Preeta. its always great to give handmade gifts to special people.I'm sure it will be very happily received.
    I also have bookmarked this pattern :))

    ReplyDelete

Friends,
Your friendly comments and suggestions are my motivations. Please keep posting them, Thank you.