Tuesday, May 4, 2010

My Wall Hanging finally……..

You  all know from my previous posts about my hand quilting lessons…..  In between I had posted my quilting work in progress.  Last Tuesday was our last quilting class, wherein Selvie taught us to do the binding part of the wall hanging.  I couldn’t  manage to finish it that week but  yesterday finally I decided, that I have to get  this done.  Binding is not a difficult task, but to get perfect mitered corners one should really have good practice.

I managed to finish my wall hanging and I am really thrilled and proud to exhibit it in my hall.    So …..  here comes my creation……

DSCN0137    

 Can you see my quilting on that rail fence block….. I just used diagonal lines to do this part and it gave my block a beautiful effect.

DSCN0139

For this block I made a template of the pattern and l loved it…….

DSCN0140

I feel so good after having done this course, and I would love to learn machine quilting too whenever I get a chance.  Selvie has been a great teacher and I really enjoyed the whole experience, though I should admit that the quilting part did seem never ending at times.  But  with end result proudly hanging on my wall and all the praises I got from my husband , my kids and friends I feel great!!!!

Friends….. Please do send in your lovely comments, I eagerly wait to hear from all of you out there, and it encourages me to do more and more.

3 comments:

  1. Preet, I love that wall hanging, I don't think I could manage hand quilting such a large project, well done!

    Btw, read your coming to Malaysia, how exciting is that! I can't find your email. Please email me at retrochicshoppe@gmail and I'll send some info about craft shops here in Kuala Lumpur :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...that looks gorgeous on your wall...i love your rail fence block...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilting is very nice Preeta.Like I said before, I really like the bright colours you have used.

    ReplyDelete

Friends,
Your friendly comments and suggestions are my motivations. Please keep posting them, Thank you.