Thursday, April 8, 2010

Announcing my come back after a very long break…… and my new found passion…..

Its been almost two months now since I last blogged or posted any crafty finishes.  Today is my come back day, and I feel very happy about it.  My world was revolving around my elder son and his central board examinations,  which also for him was a path that would lead him to a new phase and direction of his life.  Not that I had to teach him or anything but just being there for him every moment was important at this juncture and that is what I did. 

I am happy now that he has completed his exams and is now relaxing before he starts his new academic year next week. Last two months I have not done any sewing at all, but I was going for my hand quilting classes and working on a wall hanging.  

It was lovely to see my wall hanging shaping up and now I think, I have got a hang on making blocks, applique, sashing, batting …. in short all the quilting fundas….  I am really enjoying doing this and  I feel great to show off my work in progress. 

DSCN0130 DSCN0131

DSCN0133 DSCN0134

These are the four blocks that I made to finally make into a wall hanging, and …… here’s my joined blocks……….

DSCN0135

I have sandwiched  and  basted it  and now begins my quilting stitches, which I am practicing on a piece of sandwiched fabric, The challenge is to get equal length and equidistant stitches. I am slowly getting a hang of it but not yet perfect.  Here are my trials… First one is the front of  my fabric, and the second one is the back.

DSCN0127 DSCN0128

I am sorry since the fabric is plain the stitches are not very visible. 

I would also like to thank Selvie , who is an active committee member of the The Muscat quilt guild,  and my teacher on hand quilting.

I would really love to get your lovely comments, from everyone of you out there…. .  

To my few blogging friends…. I am sorry I had disconnected myself , for a while but now on I will try to be regular to visit and comment on your blogs.  Please continue keeping in touch.

2 comments:

  1. Good to see you back with a blast...your blocks lovely in pictures too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back Preetha.
    the quilt pictures are lovely.Beautiful colours

    ReplyDelete

Friends,
Your friendly comments and suggestions are my motivations. Please keep posting them, Thank you.