After my hands on free motion quilting, next in my process of learning and adding one more feather on my cap, was to try the cathedral windows. To start with I just made four windows, I used machine to sew down the curves, which was quite quick, but the process of ironing and making the squares would become a bit boring when it comes to making a decent size wall hanging.
But I was quite happy that I could manage this small piece without much hassles. Of course , there is so…. much room for improvement, but for the first attempt I was not looking for perfection, rather concentrating more on how to make it. The next step would be to perfect it.
I finished this small piece into a mug rug…..
I learnt that the background squares and the folds later should have perfect points, so as to get perfect curves, which is an area of opportunity for me. I will try making it perfect in my next cathedral window project. Before I take leave few more pictures of my mug rug…..
The coming weeks are going to be hectic, with my kids exams starting , I will have to spend some time with them looking into their studies. So my crafty pace will be a bit slow…..
Thank you for all your support, advice and comments on my crafty finishes. I hope you all will continue encouraging me like this with all your lovely comments. Till my next post , Bye and take care.