At the moment I have been bitten by the applique' bug and unintentionally also, I end up doing applique.
It so happened that I was trying to practice raw edge appliqueing with my sewing machine. I cut out a circle to begin with, brought down the stitch size to the smallest in my machine, and started sewing the circle leaving a quarter inch on the outer side of my circle. I just wanted to check out how it looks….. After cutting away the extra quarter inch. The circle looked pretty decent. Then an idea struck and I attached a handle and a spout to the circle, and it looked great but tilted on my background fabric, which was again a scrap.
But I din’t want to waste that teapot, so I cut out the teapot along with my background and thought of appliqueing it to some decent fabric and make it into a tray cloth. I added to the look by hand quilting some stitches as you will see here……..
I have used blanket stitches to applique the teapot onto this linen fabric, and have also used batting to give it some thickness. The binding fabric is a semi cotton polka dots. I also added a button for the lid. My dear friend Nima got me some lovely buttons from India. As and when I use you will see them. I was very happy with the finish and more happy that I could practice binding on this small tray cloth, since its been long I did binding on anything and I need to become perfect in it before I take up a big project.
Here’s one more close up of my finish…..
Thank you for all your lovely comments and advices , please continue giving them. Till the next post, its Bye from me.